A perfect honeymoon destination is always on every newlywed’s mind. So was the case with Amit Khurana! He had decided upon a Europe trip with his spouse as the perfect beginning to their new life. Not unlike many, they were bewitched with the beauty and culture within the vast continent. Their interesting and delightful journey took them through the best European destinations. They were certain that there is no other place that offers such a romantic setting as this one.
Not only was the honeymoon a very memorable experience for them but it also gave them the chance to traverse through this amazing land. The must-see places in Europe as they found to their delight is a never-ending list. At iTraveller, we have taken an effort to jot down all the top destinations to visit in Europe for every honeymoon couple.
Something new and mesmerizing awaits to be discovered here at every nook and corner. So let us delve into knowing more about Europe.
Best Honeymoon Destinations In Europe
The couple had heard a lot about this ancient land of ruins and it was high on their list among all the beautiful destinations in Europe. Exploring Athens is no different than going back in time through a time capsule. As they discovered this place more, they learned about its fascinating history that has left its mark in the form of timeless monuments.
Popular Sightseeing Places in Athens
- Acropolis: This famous hill in the Greek Capital is one of the best places to visit in Europe. What makes it so special is the fact that all the amazing ruins are located here.
- Parthenon: This building has pretty much become a symbol of Athens. This structure raised in honor of Goddess Athena is the marvelous example of Doric architecture.
- Plaka District: Plaka is the most idyllic place for a quiet time in a beautiful location. It is all about cobbled pathways, beautiful cafes and green leaf canopies.
Despite seeing it in pictures, the couple was not prepared for the captivating beauty that awaited them at Santorini. Just a mere look around the island made it clear to them that they were at one of the most romantic places in the world. The volcanic sand beaches and the deep crystal clear sea make this place a perfect fairytale setting for honeymooners.
Popular Sightseeing Places in Santorini
- Firá: One of the most beautiful destinations in Europe, Firá is filled with whitewashed cubic houses and deep blue sea. This enchanting place is famous all over the world as a symbol Of Greece.
- Oia: This place is a quaint and beautiful village full of whitewashed houses that have been converted to boutique hotels with infinity pools. It has the perfect setting to stir romance.
- Beach at Perissa: This is one of those must see places in Europe that has a unique charm to it. The beach is made up of fine, black volcanic sand and tamarisk trees
Growing up listening to Mozart and Beethoven, Vienna was one of the cities to visit in Europe for the couple. Known as the city of artists and musicians, this city captivated them with its architectural masterpieces. They soon discovered that the charm of Vienna is infectious and they could never get enough of its imperial palaces, coffee houses and cozy wine taverns.
Popular Sightseeing Places in Vienna
- The Hofburg: Talking of Imperial palaces, this majestic palace was once home to Habsburg dynasty. Even today it is a symbol of power and is the residence of the President of Austria.
- St. Stephen’s Cathedral: This historical monument has brought a lot of recognition to the country. It is one of the most beloved and admired monument of Vienna.
- Schönbrunn Palace and Gardens: Nothing reflects the true beauty of Baroque architecture like this once summer resident of the Habsburg emperors.
The duo knew that their immense enthusiasm to see medieval and baroque buildings will only be satiated in Salzburg. The beautiful scenery that they laid their eyes on made them realize why Salzburg should be among must-see places in your Europe itinerary. The place is nothing short of enchanting with its cliff-top fortress and numerous domes.
Popular Sightseeing Places in Salzburg
- Altstadt Salzburg: A walk through this place is like entering into a different era. You will come across beautiful old courtyards, in signs and old merchant homes dating from the 15th to 18th centuries.
- Hohensalzburg Castle: This stunning castle was originally built in 1077 and still holds within it the ancient charm and magic of its time.
- Salzburg Cathedral: This iconic cathedral is where Mozart’s baptism happened. Its gorgeous architecture is famous for its Italian style.
- Venice Island
The couple knew that Venice Island is among the top 10 places in Europe and was keen to explore everything there. They had dreamt of soaking up the romance that is instilled in the surrounding of this gorgeous city. What they experienced in the islands scattered in the lagoon like gems was far more beautiful than their imagination.
Popular Sightseeing Places in Venice Island
- Bridge of Sighs: This iconic landmark is synonymous with Venice. This amazing structure is made of white limestone, has windows with stone bars. It is considered to be the most romantic place in the city.
- Piazza San Marco: Piazza San Marco or St Mark’s Square is another prime tourist spot in the place. It is s the principal public square of Venice, Italy.
- Grand Canal: Another really mesmerizing and romantic place in Venice is the picturesque Grand Canal. It is one of the major water-traffic corridors in the city and is filled with sailing gondolas.
- Murano, Burano and Torcello Tour: A motorboat tour to these three islands in the Venetian Lagoon is a must on Europe tour itinerary. It gives an opportunity to witness the glass being blown at the Murano glass factory; along with admiring exquisite handmade lace and colourful fishermen’s houses in Burano and exploring beautiful historical cathedrals in Torcello.
The capital city of Italy had entranced the couple for long. They were blown away by the beautiful monuments, culture and cuisines that this cosmopolitan city boasts of. From the haunting ruins to the ever vibrant city, there was no dearth of exciting places in this city. It was the first time that they truly experienced the magnanimity of one of the best places to visit in Europe.
Popular Sightseeing Places in Rome
- The Colosseum, Roman Forum and Palatine Hill: The Colosseum is a giant oval shaped amphitheater is an icon of Rome that is globally recognized. This monument once hosted gladiator games and though now mostly in ruins, it still looks just as grand. The Roman Forum and Palatine Hill are also a must visit and are the part of the same archaeological area.
- Trevi Fountain: This splendid structure which has water gushing out of it is a legendary mark of Rome. It ropes in tourist due to its beauty, its gorgeous surrounding and the legend which says that throwing three coins in the fountain ensures your return to Rome.
- The Sistine Chapel: This beautiful chapel is famous for the stunning artwork that graces its ceiling which was done by none other than Michelangelo.
- Lake Como
The ethereal beauty of this lake which is situated at the foothills of Alps made the couple fall in love with it. This quiet paradise was the ultimate escape to not just enjoy a personal romantic time but also drink in the stunning scenery around. Another among must-see places in Europe; Lake Como is surrounded by scenic towns.
Popular Sightseeing Places in Lake Como
- Villa Carlotta: This villa and botanical garden offers not just a great scenic view but is also home to some stunning artwork collection.
- Villa del Balbianello: Another location that is blessed with breathtaking beauty is the Villa del Balbianello. This villa which is beautifully designed overlooks Lake Como.
- Isola Comacina: The bewitching beauty of this unique island of Lake Como encapsulates the heart and mind of those who visit it.
Spending time to themselves and making some great memories was definitely the top priority of the newlyweds. This traditional resort town was the perfect place for the couple to enjoy a peaceful escape surrounded by mountainous terrains. This beautiful region of Switzerland completely won over the duo and made them discover more about the beauty of Europe.
Popular Sightseeing Places in Interlaken
- Lake Thun: This beautiful lake is surrounded by a picturesque surrounding which includes towns, including Thun, and Romanesque churches
- Lake Brienz: Another enchanting location that boasts of stunning scenery is the Lake Brienz. One can enjoy romantic waterside locations here.
The fact that Brussels is a unique mixture of so many things always struck the couple as something very fascinating. They were amazed as to how the place holds on to its history and yet is so hip. The quirkiness of the place was out there for them to enjoy and marvel at. Filled with gothic and Baroque splendor, the place also caters to the modern café culture. It is beyond doubt one of the best cities to visit in Europe.
Popular Sightseeing Places in Brussels
- Grand Place: This main plaza is situated right in the heart of Brussels Old Town. The unique architecture lends a majestic appeal to the place.
- Saint-Michel Cathedral: This gothic church built in the 15th century still stands majestically. It ropes in tourists from all over the world who come to see its stained glass windows.
- Belgian Comic Strip Center: Not only does this center boast of some great interior but is also the place from where The Smurfs and Tintin originated.
- Chocolate Walking Tour: For people who have a sweet tooth, this is an ultimate place on the Europe itinerary. It gives an opportunity to experience the entire process of manufacturing the famous Belgium chocolate.
Honeymoon in Paris is the dream of every newlywed and the destination lived up to the expectations of the couple. From the towering Eiffel tower to the boulevards and boutiques of Paris, everything reeks of romance. The couples delighted in walking up the cobbled pathways and enjoying the café culture for which Paris is famed for.
Popular Sightseeing Places in Paris
- Eiffel Tower: The most iconic symbol of Paris stands at a splendid height and gives one of the best views of the entire place.
- The Louvre: Another place definitely worth a visit is the Louvre. This grand museum has the most fascinating and valuable artwork from all over the world.
- Cruise on the Seine: Another great way to enjoy one of the best places in Europe is to take a cruise on the Seine. It gives the most panoramic view of the city and its monuments.
- Disneyland Paris: This is Europe’s biggest theme park where one can enjoy adrenaline-fueled rides, explore state-of-the-art movie sets, witness spectacular shows and meet famous Marvel characters.
- Versailles Palace: The palace attracts millions of visitors every year who come here to get enchanted by the beauty of its architecture, sprawling gardens and rich history.
The honeymoon trip to Europe was one of the most memorable experiences for the couple. It gave them a chance to discover all there is to the marvelous land and also the lesser known places that add jest to it.
In case you have Europe as a honeymoon destination on your mind and are planning to enjoy a fabulous holiday, then check out the Europe packages and deals offered by iTraveller. We bring you personalized tour package at the most affordable prices.
Latest posts by Namita Salgiya (see all)
- Honeymoon in Turkey: Explore the mystique and the fantasy - October 31, 2018
- 9 Haunted Forts in Rajasthan - August 20, 2018
- Experience The Magical Night At The Hobbiton - August 13, 2018