Welcome to the land of dreams and fantasies
Dubai being one of the seven emirates in the United Arab Emirates, is a dessert city with fabulous infrastructure and abundant policies which make it the most prominent and progressive emirate of the UAE. Dubai is a city for the superlatives that is, the tallest, the fastest, the biggest, the highest and the largest. With the largest immigrant population in the world, Dubai is the place for your shopping, sunbathing, partying, romantic dinner and a few other sinful pleasures. All though it is interesting to note that, Dubai has its weekly holidays on Friday and Saturday unlike in India where our government holidays are on Saturday and Sunday. Dubai has a sub-tropical climate with humid and hot summers with 42 degree Celsius in the day time and 28 degree Celsius in the night. A gentle reminder, Dubai is hot irrespective of the season.
Best Tourist Places of Dubai: Rediscover yourself
Basically, Dubai consists of two parts, tourist wise. One being Old Dubai and the other Modern Dubai. Old Dubai has the following places worth visiting.
- Dubai Museum: If you are interested in the social history of the Emirates, Dubai museum is for you. All though there is not much to see here, the modern extension built underneath the museum showcases Dubai’s history using latest technology also portraying the growth of a poor laidback village to a modern ambitious place like Dubai.
- Jumeirah Mosque: It is the best example for an Islam architecture, with its interiors carved with Arabic calligraphy. It is one of the few mosques which is open in the city for the non-Muslims. Guided tours are made available by Sheikh Mohammad centre for Cultural Understanding for those who want to understand Islam better. A great place to visit in the evening especially when it is illuminated by floodlights.
- Souks: Souks or markets are present all over old Dubai selling spices, crafts and other items worth being a souvenir.
Modern Dubai present to you:
- Burj Khalifa: Being one of the most clichéd places to visit in Dubai, we do suggest you do not experience it the way Tom Cruise did in Mission Impossible. Either way, Dubai is a place you have to get to know before exploring it and the best way to do that is by standing on top of the burj khalifa and seeing the world for what it is in the fastest lift in the world and it only takes a few seconds. The most scintillating experience that there is.
- Bastakiya Quarter: Amidst the skyscrapers lies the only historical place left in Dubai, the Bastakiya Quarter. A charming neighbourhood, built in the 1920’s by Persian traders is a spot where you can visit in for free. Truly a wonderful spot to visit.
- Dubai Creek: One of Dubai’s most oldest and gorgeous place. For just one dirham, an abra ride on the Dubai creek is surely to get your emotions out and maybe compose a poem while you’re at it. Close your eyes and go back to the 60’s.
- Burj Al Arab: One of the most iconic building in Dubai, it soars to a height of 321 meters. A luxurious place not suited for an average tourist. But wouldn’t harm anyone to pose for a picture with it in the background.
- Ski Dubai: Yes, the deserted land has snow too. You can go for skiing with the help of an instructor or just go down and do your own thing. All equipment and clothing is been provided.
- Desert Safari: After an exotic ride on a desert, watching the camels, experiencing the life changing heat and dreaming about your desert fantasies, get back to camp and have a nice barbeque or anything as you wish. And finally experience the pleasure which is too often forgotten these days, that is staring at the stars.
Yes, for the first time affordable and Dubai do come together. Presenting to you the most affordable packages to Dubai, including flight tickets, commute options within Dubai and candid prices for the accommodation as you prefer. Customize your own tour package and avail discounted rates on the itinerary you choose. The details of hotels, type of room, your meal plan, transportation, an assumed overview of your schedule and costs will be a few of the things suggested in the itinerary. All types of packages ranging from family vacations, business trips or a solo visit are offered at different rates.
Dubai might be the land of the sheikhs, the rulers and the rich. The fact is, nothing is more luxurious than the moments made and spent with your family and friends. So come, avail yourself the Dubai Holiday Packages and be the richest person that there is, as memories is the priciest possession that you can have.
Latest posts by iTraveller (see all)
- 5 reasons why Thailand should be atop your bucket list - June 15, 2018
- Amazing Things to do in Nusa Penida - June 12, 2018
- 12 Best Things to Do in Barcelona - June 4, 2018