Paris is a city of wonders that amazes and astonishes people with its beauty, culture and exquisite way of life. There is so much to see and experience in this city that the list is endless but what if you want to see Paris in 2 days? Well, fret not; there is a way that you can take in all the magic of this marvelous place, all within the time frame of 48 hours.
We have created a perfect Paris itinerary for a first time visitor that covers all the major popular spots. You can actually see a lot of amazing places in the city and experience its romantic ambiance within 2 days. All you need to do is make sure that you plan your 2-day Paris itinerary carefully.
Every Paris trip has to begin with a trip to the famous Eiffel Tower. This place tops the list among Paris’s most popular attractions. Make sure that you leave early to fully utilise the day.
What makes it popular?: It is the most iconic structure of Paris that is as tall as an 81-storey building.
- Things to do: Go to the very top of the structure to get a bird’s eye view of the place.
Arc de Triomphe
The next place that you must visit is the Arc de Triomphe which is another very famous structure in the city. The amazing detail on this monument adds to its spectacular beauty.
What makes it popular?: Arc de Triomphe is the biggest arch in the world.
- Things to do: You can climb this arc to get a panoramic view of Paris.
Located in the middle of West-Paris, Champs-Elysées is a sight to behold. Taking a walk around this avenue has to feature in your 2-day Paris itinerary.
What makes it popular?: Considered to be the most beautiful avenue in the world, it is a symbol of Paris’s prestige and elegance.
- Things to do: Take a walk down Avenue Montaigne, the most luxurious shopping street in the world. Also, see the amazing Concorde Square.
Now visiting the Louvre Museum during a quick 2 day Paris itinerary might seem too much but it can be possible. You have to make sure that you focus only on the main collection rather than seeing everything in the place.
What makes it popular?: World’s largest art museum and an iconic structure of Paris
- Things to do: Check out the large collection of original artwork including The Mona Lisa
You can end the day with taking a cruise on the Seine and admiring the city of light.
Start your next day by visiting some buildings in Paris that are famous for their architectural glory. The Pantheon is a magnificent structure which was originally built as a church and is now this gothic structure functions as a mausoleum. A Paris city tour in 2 days should definitely feature a stroll around the famous monument.
What makes it popular?: Beautiful architecture and excellent craftsmanship in the interior dome.
- Things to do: Admire the artwork inside and take a tour on foot of the marvels that surround this structure like the Latin quarters.
One of the finest architectural beauties in Paris that surely deserves a place in your 2-day Paris itinerary is the Notre-Dame Cathedral. This masterpiece is one of its kind and it would be a crime to not visit it.
What makes it popular?: Finest example of French Gothic architecture.
- Things to do: Take in the amazing beauty of the cathedral including its size, antiquity, and architecture.
Even a quick 2 day Paris itinerary is complete without getting a true feel of Parisian way of life. Le Marais has an old world charm and modern way of life merged together in the most interesting way.
What makes it popular?: This aristocratic district gives you a feel of medieval Paris.
- Things to do: Dine on some scrumptious local cuisine, admire beautiful buildings and the charming view all around.
The historic district is a fabulous place that gives you a peak into another side to Paris. A side most talked about due to its rustic and artistic ambiance and vibe. There is so much to see, shop, drink and eat in this beautiful place.
What makes it popular?: A lively place with cobblestone streets, glittering nightlife and quaint cafes.
- Things to do: Visit the Moulin Rouge, checkout The Basilica of Sacre-Coeur, go street shopping in Rue de Steinkerque, see artists at work at Place du Tertre and take in the city of love just by taking a stroll down one of the charming lanes.
Tips And Advice For Visiting Paris
- The first and most important tip as far as how to spend two days in Paris is concerned is making sure that you do not linger too long at any place if you plan to cover everything in the itinerary.
- Choose a central location to stay as that would save time on travel and allow you to reach your destination on time.
- Paris is known for its fashion dressing but make sure you wear something comfortable as you have to travel all day and perhaps walk a major distance. Be chic but ditch heels altogether.
- When it comes to Paris, knowing the language can make your trip a smooth sailing. If not, do some research on greetings and small phrases that can help you interact with the locals.
- Try making use of local transport especially the metros.
- Many restaurants and shops close during the afternoon for an hour or two so make sure you eat on time.
If you are bitten by the travel bug and wish to discover more interesting places then check the amazing travel packages that iTraveller offers. We help you travel the world by offering you the best and most affordable deals.