Summers are here and we have all started making preparation to take our family for a vacation. So why not scratch off all the options and head to the coldest places in south India. Check out some of the popular places to visit in south India during summer season and enjoy the cool ambiance they offer. Many places down south are simply the most marvelous destinations that one can enjoy during the scorching summer month. So, this season pick among these top 7 coolest destinations in south India:
One of the top destinations to visit in the south during May is Munnar. Its beauty is enchanting enough to take your breath away. Imagine being surrounded by various shades of green and rolling hills, tea plantation, waterfalls, nature trails and lakes.
- Popular Tourist Attractions In Munnar: Eravikulam National Park, Echo Point, Anamudi Peak, Tea Garden photo point, Tata Tea Museum, Mattupetty Dam, Carmelagiri Elephant Park, etc.
- Things To Do In Munnar: Take a walk through the aromatic tea plantations, spot wild animals at the national parks and enjoy a picnic around the gushing waterfalls of Lakkam and Thoovanam
- How To Reach: Cochin Airport is the nearest and 125 km. away and the nearest railway station is Aluva.
Ooty, Tamil Nadu
The Queen of hill station is one of the most beautiful destinations in south India. This place was once one of the most preferred summer capitals of the British. Its beauty is simply mesmerizing and it still holds vestiges from the times of the British Raj.
- Popular Tourist Attractions In Ooty: Kalhatti Falls, Emerald Lake, Tiger Hills, Doddabetta Peak, Nilgiri Mountain Railway, Ooty Lake, Ooty Rose Gardens etc
- Things To Do In Ooty: Take a ride on the toy train, spend time at the botanical garden and sight deers at the Ooty Deer park
- How To Reach: Coimbatore is the nearest airport and Coimbatore and Tiruppur are the nearest railway station
The surreal and unspoiled natural landscape of Lakkidi makes it one of the must-visit places in south India during summer. The hill station boasts of green rolling hills and lush greenery that makes it a picturesque beauty and a fabulous escape from the heat.
- Popular Tourist Attractions In Lakkidi: Chembra Peak, Pookode Lake, Thusharagiri Falls, Lakkidi View Point, Chain Tree etc
- Things To Do In Lakkidi: Enjoy adventure tours, picnic around Thusharagiri Waterfalls, a trip to Puliyarmala Jain Temple and more
- How To Reach: The nearest airport is Calicut International Airport and the nearest railway station is Kozhikode Railway Station
Another among most popular summer Tourist places in south India is Coorg. This place is full of natural galore to make you fall in love with it. For as far you can see, you will find misty hills, green pastures and gushing waterfalls. The stunning scenery and weather make the perfect combination to beat away the summer heat.
- Popular Tourist Attractions In Coorg: Abbey Falls, Nisargadhama, Raja’s Seat, Nagarhole National Park, Brahmagiri Peak, Iruppu Falls, Dubare Elephant Camp
- Things To Do In Coorg: Go camping in Coorg, river rafting in Barapole river, Visit Dubare Elephant Camp and also visit Pushpagiri Wildlife Sanctuary
- How To Reach: Mysore Airport is the closest airport and Mysore Railway Station is the nearest railway station
Alleppey remains to be one of the best places to visit in south India during summer. This place is known as the land of backwaters and is filled not just with the beauty of nature but also immense tranquility. There couldn’t be a better way to just beat away the heat than enjoying boat rides on the beautiful backwaters.
- Popular Tourist Attractions In Alleppey: Marari Beach, Punnamada Lake, Krishnapuram Palace, Alappuzha Beach, Vembanad Lake
- Things To Do In Alleppey: Enjoy the true traditional life of Kerala locals at Kuttanad, go bird watching, go for an Ayurvedic spa treatment and visit the many religious shrines
- How To Reach: Cochin International Airport is the closest airport and Alleppey Railway Station is the closest railway station
Kodaikanal, Tamil Nadu
The lush greenery, the gushing waterfall and the majestic rock formations make Kodaikanal a must visit places in south India during summer. The flora and fauna of this hill station make it a very popular place among tourists. It is also equally fascinating in terms of its museums and temples.
- Popular Tourist Attractions In Kodaikanal: Coaker’s Walk, Pillar rocks, Kodai Lake, Bear Shola Falls, Devil’s Kitchen, Thalaiyar Falls, Berijam Lake, Dolphin’s Nose,
- Things To Do In Kodaikanal: Explore the ancient city of Hampi, go mountain trekking and trekking, visit spiritual shrines such as Kurinji Temple and more
- How To Reach: Madurai Airport is the closest airport and Kodai Railway Station is the nearest railway station
A place in south India worth visiting during summer is Idukki. This famous hill station is a delightful place filled with rich green tea plantations that add color and fragrance to the atmosphere. The area is immensely nature rich and a delight for those who visit it.
- Popular Tourist Attractions In Idukki: Idukki Wildlife Sanctuary, Painavu, Thommankuthu Falls, Idukki Arch Dam, Kulamavu Dam
- Things To Do In Idukki: Take a walk through the tea gardens and rose gardens, spot wild animals during jungle safari and take elephant rides.
- How To Reach: Cochin International Airport is the nearest airport and Theni Railway Station the nearest railways
Are you a keen traveller planning to explore southern India? Or are you interested in taking a trip to other parts of the country? Then check out all the packages provided by us. iTraveller fuels your travel fever with the best and most affordable deals.
Check out our South India tour packages here!